London Fashion Week| London Fashion Weekend

 

Hi lovely readers. I know it's a little late but I could not go without saying how amazing London Fashion Weekend was! It was my first time going and I was literally in my element. I went on the Friday and I had a Gold Ticket to see the trend catwalk show and the designer show. The trend show was a collection of SS14 trends put together by Net-a-porter's sister company Outnet.com from various designers. I think it's an incredible idea because it's pretty much a summary for the oncoming season without all the research. After the shows, you can purchase the clothes showcased on the catwalks. Vodafone's London Fashion Weekend is the biggest consumer event there is so there were VARIOUS show rooms to buy some designer clothes from the most contemporary designers such as Blumarine and Vivienne Westwood. There were also upcoming designers there whom we should certainly look out for. I fell in love with Ukulele's clothes! I bumped into their creative director and complimented her dress (asked for a picture of course), then she told me it was her collection and directed me to her showroom. By the time I got there, half of the clothes were gone! However, there was a lovely Lurex suit in pink that was still there. It was lovely! It was a two piece and so gorgeous. I didn't plan to buy anything but Fleur B had an amazing gold (metallic look) skirt I just HAD to purchase. It has a pretty pep-hem which makes it third to my collection! How ironic I was wearing a very similar skirt when I bought it.


The designer show was an AW14 collection Farhi by Nicole Farhi. From her collection I noticed some pastel collars/ scarves and some rather interesting boots. I would've preferred to watch Julien Macdonald's show in all honesty! But didn't get to choose as I went to the Friday show.

SS14 Trend Report:
Forgive the quality of my pictures as they maybe a little blurry. It was my first time using my new camera and I did not know how to use it properly haha. Finally got the hang of it towards the end but I hope this helps.

Flower Power
As we all know, SS collection are incomplete without any florals. In fact florals have been rather popular every season since 2012! Last season we saw darker florals for the darker season and now we look forward to light and airy florals.

I love the use of different prints on this look. Outfit inspo!



Precious Metals
Metallics are back!! And they are prettier. I cannot wait to dress up in this trend. Willbe my go-to evening wear next season.
SIMONE ROCHA| 
My favourite from the collection. Will definitely be getting the high street version of that skirt!




Lace Embrace 



ERDEM





Good sport
I'm not a very sport kind of person, but I'm looking forward to next season's sporty trend. You can actually dress it up to have a lady like look and watch out for the statement necklaces!
  

MARNI



JONATHAN SAUNDERS



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!